Well, folks, it’s time to get this blog started. So…I’m going to tell you how i got this blog started! Original, huh?
There are thousands of blog posts out there (wonderful. helpful posts!) that tell you how to start a blog the easy way. I’m going to tell you how to start a blog the (not) easy way.
- First, set up an account on Pinterest, if you don’t already have one.
- Do research– lots and lots of research. Research how to start a blog, how to write blog posts, how to get lots of people to read your blog posts, how to get them to go viral- on Pinterest especially- but also elsewhere. (You may have figured out by now that i really, really love Pinterest.)
- Also, research (lots and lots )about whatever your niche is. ( Haven’t figured out yet what your niche is going to be? Do research on Pinterest! ) Obviously, my niche is handmade jewelry. 🙂
- Get in a lot of firsthand practice from all those tutorials you’re pinning.
- About a year (!) into your research and practice, get a domain and domain name. Then let it sit…
- …and sit…
- …as, the next six months , you fall into a well of negativity where you do almost nothing.You look at all these beautiful blogs, gorgeous Etsy accounts, successful social media accounts, and you think “What’s the use? I’ll never be that good, so why try? ” So you don’t try…
- …until one day, you have an epiphany. You realize that there are hundreds of thousands of blogs and small online businesses out there, in varying stages of success. If each one had waited until everything was “perfect”, there would probably be about a hundred. ( Hey, some people have “perfect” confidence in themselves and their abilities! ) So, with help from my darling daughter, I got my butt in gear and finally got started. As the saying goes, good enough is good enough!
My advice to you
My advice to you? Don’t do what I did. Jump in and swim. Take the leap. Learn along the way,and fix your mistakes as you make them. Heck, some of today’s most successful bloggers and business owners had several fails and start-overs before reaching the heights they are at today. Let them be your inspiration!
What is your experience with starting a blog? Did you dive in head-first or did you slowly inch your way into the ocean? I’d love to hear from you!